Front: WSU President Elson Floyd
Back left to right: Sophie Gilbert, Tyrus Wilcox, Luke Turner, and Jesaint Baril.
At the Taste of WSU event, visitors sampled from the bounty of Washington-produced beverages and fine foods prepared by several of the Seattle area’s premier chefs.
A delicious meal may seem like magic, but often it is the result of close collaborations between scientists, farmers, chefs and consumers.
Participants enjoyed great food while learning more about myriad ways that WSU Extension; the College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences; local producers and purveyors work together to give you, the consumer, the freshest, most flavorful food available.
Participating chefs and restaurants included:
- Seth Caswell, President, Seattle Chefs Collaborative
- Eric Hellner, Union Square Grill
- Dan Thiessen, 0/8 Seafood Grill
- Marc Powers, Wolfgang Puck
- Thierry Rautureau, Rover's
- Eric Donnelly, The Oceanaire Seafood Grill
- Russell Burton, City Catering Company
- Diane LaVonne, Diane's Market Kitchen
- Mulugeta Abate, Pan Africa Market
- Bobby Moore, Barking Frog
- City Catering Company
- Herban Feast Catering